Your mouth, considered as the gateway to the body, is always exposed to bacterial growth and is highly prone to bacterial buildup on teeth, gums, and oral cavities. Bacterial presence in the oral cavity may lead to the development of dental caries, gingivitis, halitosis (bad breath), and tooth loss.
More often than not, lack of adequate dental and oral hygiene increases the chances of dental decay and periodontal disease like gingivitis may eventually lead to tooth loss. In addition, tooth loss can also be due to an injury as well.
Missing teeth can affect the chewing process and may also spoil your smile and facial aesthetics. In order to treat missing teeth, the dentists had only two options- either to use bridges or ask the patient to wear dentures.
With advancements in dental implants wichita ks technologies, now dentists treat missing teeth problems using dental implant pasco wa technology that has emerged as the best option for patients who have lost one or more teeth due to dental caries, periodontal disease, or an injury but do not wish to wear dentures.
What are Dental Implants?
dental implants wilmington nc are the artificial replacement tooth roots that are placed into the jaw for fixing or holding prosthetic teeth/teeth or bridges.
Dental implants i.e. artificial teeth roots create a strong foundation for fixing the prosthetic teeth, matching your natural teeth.
Nowadays, almost every advanced dental clinic provide dental implant restoration services through better treatment option for missing teeth using dental implants Bundoora.
Types of Dental Implants
The two types of dental implants used include:
- Endosteal Implants – are the most common type of implants and are available as screws, cylinders, or blades.
Endosteal implants are placed surgically into the jaw bone to hold one or more prosthetic teeth.
These implants are the most efficient and effective alternatives for patients, presently wearing bridges or removable dentures.
- Subperiosteal Implants – are implanted on the jaw bone. Subperiosteal implants are mostly used for patients who do not have sufficient space and height of jaw bone to hold on endosteal implants.
In such cases, Subperiosteal implants are placed on the jaw with the help of a metal framework that protrudes through the gum. The purpose of the metal framework is to rigidly hold the dental implant in place. These implants are also ideal for patients who are not comfortable with wearing conventional dentures.
Patients needing treatment for missing teeth must consult some skillful dentist at the best dental clinic where dental implant restoration services are provided using dental implants Bundoora such as Our Dental Clinic.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Compared to wearing dentures, dental implants offer many benefits to the patients, like:
- Restoration of mouth’s functionality like chewing and maintaining bite force
- Provide support to the adjacent teeth
- Allow you to pronounce words correctly, improve speech and eliminate the need for you to feel self-conscious while speaking
- Facilitate you wear a youthful-looking smile
- Restore facial aesthetics i.e. cosmetic appearance
- Prevent bacteria build-up in the mouth and reduce oral infections
- Prevent further Bone Loss due to caries
Treatment with dental implants Bundoora is available at most modern dental clinics like Our Dental Clinic that can help you restore the quality of life.
Should you need restoration dental implant services; contact the most advanced Our Dental Clinic for impeccable dental implants Bundoora.